- All of our teachers are certified with degrees exclusively in music education (IL K-12 Special).
- All MES faculty members are formally evaluated by our Director of Education throughout the school year.
- All faculty members receive ongoing, band-specific in-servicing once every 3 weeks.
- All faculty members follow documented learning outcomes for each grade level. Upon graduation, all students will be able to perform at the high school level.
- Our program includes two group lessons per week, each lasting 40-45 minutes. The spaced repetition offered by twice-weekly lessons on separate days ensures that young instrumentalists will receive the close supervision they require to progress rapidly.
- Students may begin instruction in the fourth, fifth or sixth grade. Advanced classes will be formed as needed through grade eight.
- Our teaching staff does extensive, mandatory parent contact by phone, e-mail, and written correspondence
- Our report cards arrive through the mail three times a year. As part of each child's grade, parents are urged to sign a practice record at the end of each week.
- Newsletters arrive four times per school year, detailing upcoming musical events, and containing informative articles about band, practicing and the arts.
- Music Education Services provides parents an optional rent-to-own instrument program. Please call 847-805-1800 for more details.